The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2nd Day

Dear lord i am EXHAUSTED.

Why? Because my commute to work is TWO BLOODY HOURS...........ONE WAY. Yes that's right, i bus, subway and streetcar it to work. I lose four hours of my day, every single day and mark my words- i am cranky as fuck. So dont get in my way.

That said, absolutely wonderful first day of work yesterday. This is what work seriously should be like. I mean, aside from the horrid commute and possibly the lack of eye candy (which isnt too bad because i could focus on work as oppose to these 'eye candy'), its a pretty awesome place to work at.

Some highlights of my first day-

  • Orientation done at Starbucks. Drinks on manager. Win #1
  • The people at the office dress SOOOOO nicely. ESPECIALLY the boys on my team. Motivates me to not look like a slob. Win #3
  • Brand new IMAC and Macbook Pro, out of the box. For me to take home if please (obvs i know it means taking work home. OH WELL). Win #2
  • My team (Strategy and Analytics....yes i work with the Math Squad of the company) were sweethearts and took me out for Beer and Wild Boar. Best lunch, ever.Win #4
  • Also found out my co-workers are alcoholics like myself. Win #5
  • Arsenal won our game. Win #6
  • Twitter desktop allowed and installed. Win #7
Oh and it rained like a bitch too. Can't forget that. But that's not a win.

Yeah, definitely a good two days. Me happys.

AND AND......................HALLOWEEN THIS WEEKEND!!! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

i shall leave it at that. toodles!

1 comments:

karlantonette said...

what an amazing first day!! :)

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME