The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Starbucks Adventure

So it was zeroooo productivity at home today that I absolutely had to drag myself to venture out to SB to get work done. Funny i've been more productive here than the combined free hours at home.  Hence the break to blog this.

Let me explain the resistance in going to Starbucks so late on a Sunday afternoon. One word- packed.

Packed = No plugs
Packed = NO TABLES
No tables = No point in being there.

As soon as I arrived it was my worst SB nightmare come true. No available tables, the big handicapped table was filled with three people as well and almost everybody looked like they were NOT leaving any time soon. Total FML. Since i bus it really sucks because this means i have to get back on the bus to either go to the Warden and Steeles location or go home. Or there IS the option of Go for Tea but id rather not resort to that. So i did what ANY desperate person would do - i went up to the nicest looking (and hoping for good-hearted) guy and asked if i can sit down and share his tiny 1 huge laptop and person occupant table until a table frees up. Of course he can't deny me after i gave my "I really need a place to do work" + sad face line and i sit down to proceed, nonchalantly in taking out my equally massive laptop.
 
i am so shameless that it hurts.

Luckily for me TWO tables freed up about 20 minutes after I hogged his table. Ran to it and got into a bit of  a dillema. Observe diagram:


The green star is where the outlets are and where my power cord head needs to be. Now if i was to sit with my back against the wall (the thick line) like everybody else, the cord would cross across my laptop (across my keyboard and lap) and will kind of be floating in mid-air as it goes under the fully occupied large square table. So i thought.....why don't i just switch it up! (FYI: I'm Jigglypuff in the diagram) It works out PERFECTLY (no awkward cords floating!). Aside from the fact that now everybody can see what i am doing as they walk/lineup behind me to order at the bar (as demonstrated with the pokemons and the dotted lines represent their curious (by nature) creepish stares at my screen.) and everybody else sitting at the other tables is.....sitting the opposite way.......

MEEEEEH.

The price i will pay to not be awkward. People might object and say this is even MORE awkward with people being able to see what im doing  but hey its all matters of opinions right! haha

Thank you again super nice Asian guy! : )

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME