The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sex and the City 2




I along with almost every girl and gay man out there LURVES Sex and the City. There is something just so fabulous about being able to have unlimited disposible income, wearing 6 inch tall thousand dollar stilletos to a baseball game and having a blast with your soul mates whom you call your girlfriends. I mean, even the mister somewhat follows the series (because he is a secret Samantha fan)...its gotta be gooood. I think aside from the fashion and romance that comes with the series, its the fact that the show puts a huge emphasis on how important girlfriends are to a girl (i like saying girl instead of women because it makes me feel old). For the series finale, most crappy finales would normally focus on is the protagonists and their storyline and kind of....stopped it right there. The End. Lights Closed. But for this particular series, they ended it off fairly simple (but meaningful) at a coffee shop scene where all the girls meet-up. It was kind of like a, we-end-where-we-started sort-we-did-not-forget-our-roots of ending, which i appreciated very much. Because in my opinion when the end meets and the man is not there your girlfriends always will be. Also girlfriends can't break your heart. The most they'll do (the real bitchy evil ones) is steal your shoes or boyfriend and in that case we can always hunt them down and smack them silly. Guys on the other hand if they break your heart, smacking them silly won't take the pain away. But that's just my theory. haha 

I was pretty skeptical about the 2nd movie coming out so soon. The first movie (which i have playing on my 2nd screen as i type) in my opinion came out in perfect timing. It was almost exactly four years later after the most amazing series finale- fans like myself could not ask for any more. The first movie was so amazing. As ive blogged about it before, the moment Big and Carrie came on the big screen i felt crazy chills down my spine because ive missed them so dearly and seeing them again was just such an amazing nogalistic feeling that filled the theatre. Anyways so i thought when the movie ended there was no way they could make a sequel. So when the trailer for the 2nd came out...i really hoped that it would not be ridiculous since i read spoilers like Miley Cirus [barf] made a cameo [which she did. barf]. I don't know why i ever lost faith in SATC because the trailer was....crazy awesome. Wow. Shock factors. Came smacking at me, one after another. I'll just list my comments in sequence of when they appear and those that actually watched it will know what im talking about.

  • - "Me and you. just us two" the inscription on the watch carrie gives big - LAME. LAMEEEE. omG LAMEEE. SO LAME I WANNA GAG.
  • - Love the miranda, steve& brady scene. One of the last ladies i thought would be married with kids, she turned out to be the first.
  • - "What happens after you say i do?" LIFE ENDS. ha ha ha 
  • - The scene where Samantha sees that guy in the jeep and she looked like she was having an orgasm on the spot. I laughed so hard haha
  • - Where's Abu Dabi? 
  • - The "Carrie meets Aiden" in the market Scene- i think my heart stopped. the words FORBIDDEN was jumping at me.
  • - When Miranda says to Charlotte "Being a mother is hard". Again, absolutely the last person whom i thought would say that. Here was Charlotte, the fairytale believer but the one that had to get the worst end of the stick- with a failed marriage, divorce, failed eggs, adoption. I mean she does get her happy ending but she's exhausted now that she finally has her dream marriage and dream family. Its exactly like that story The Monkey Paw- Be careful what you wish for. 
  • - "I think you're playing with fire" Charlotte to Carrie. DUN DUN DUN. Hits me at the core. 
  • - "Something happens" Carrie to Big. STAB TO THE HEART RIGHT THERE.
  • - && ALLLL the Aiden,Carrie running away scenes.
  • - "We made a deal ages ago. Man, babies, it doesn't matter. We are Soulmates" - Samantha. Words cannot express how much i agree.

Ohmygod rewatching it makes me all excited all over again.

I want to be a glamorous diva tooooooooooooo. Pouts.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME