The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Comic Con 2011

Last July i was telling everyone about how much i wanted to go to comic con in San Diego and was whining about it all over my twitter and fb. I didn't realllllly think anybody would actually be interested enough to go. 'Cause seriously. Its 3,487 km away, tickets are about 107 dollars for four days at the convention (or you can do ONE but obvs whats the point of that) and its really a calling for all geeks, nerds, fan-girls, fan-boys and i know for a fact- not a lot of people can stand that. It's like being at Silver Snail (a comic book store on Queen St) but amplified 500x. Hell i STILL get looks (not the good kind) for being over enthusiastic about certain marvel comics-turned movies. Or X-Men. I really do love X-Men muchs. lol Here's something i created last year: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/SayMuiDang/dork-comic-con.jpg

Anyways. Until recently, a discussion arise amongst the guys and interestingly enough (well not really lol) K was making plans to buy tickets to go there for his birthday and didn't know whether we interested. Obviously being the four nerds that we are,we all jumped at the idea. But it seriously was all up in the air until a week ago during our annual Winterlicious dinner, we confirmed our interest. Which pretty much means, the purchase of tickets will finalize whether we are going or not. To be honest I was a TINY bit skeptical because i have heard the horror nightmare stories from reading blogs about purchasing tickets online so I wasn't exactly sure whether it would happen. That was further confirmed this morning when K calls me to tell me that the ticket servers went down TWO MINUTES after sales started. Basically tickets went on sale at noon, the darn thing went down at 12:02pm. You'd really think because this is COMIC CON we are talking about here, they will have a truckload of tech geeks and programmers lined up to create something invincible right? HA. No.

Apparently this was what everyone was getting on their screen for about an hour and a half or two.
So after talking to K i thought, bleh. Just my luck right? Thank godddddddddd the guy texts me back and says that he got em. 
What?

THAT'S RIGHT. I'M GOING TO  SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2011 BIATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happiest Screen of my life.

PWAHHAHA Ohemgee. I cannot express how unbelievably happy and freaking excited I am. The thought of previews of comics, of toys, of memorabilia, world premieres of certain movies and let's nottttttttttttttttt forget..........the VAMPIRE DIARIES/TRUEBLOOD/BIG BANG THEORY panels?!?!?!? Oh eff me now. i am READY to fight people to be able to be part of these panels. I am going to DESTROY anybody who's in my way of seeing Ian Somerhalder/Eric Northman/Jim Parsons. MARK MY WORDS. mwahhah

Oh and for anybody interested, im going w/ albie, lx and shadow. I cannot imagine going to the world's biggest geek gathering with anybody else but these guys. Its going to be absolutely epic. Our conversations are pretty much made up of comic books/sci-fi/anime/movies/tv/gaming topics. The other half of our conversation topics include making mockery of certain individuals (b/c we are evil) and constant bitching of our lackof money status lol otherwise its mainly those. Its one of those things where i must go to at least once in my life and its crazyyyyyy how i am going to be able to do it with 3 guys whom i consider to be three of my best friends. I haven't really told J im going to San Diego with three guys yet. HOPEFULLY............he will be okay. ha ha haaa.

yayayya!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME