The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Dating a Gooner

The other day a friend messaged me to catch up and asked whether I was seeing anyone. I laughed, and told her no. I don't have time. Because of work she asked? I told her, No. Futbol.

Ahhhh that must sound SO weird right? But it's actually very true. This year is the year that Arsenal has finally taken over my life completely in all aspects (which annoys the hell out of people....because they don't understand). This discussion has come up many times between A and myself about how we are probably going to be single forever because our criteria (as listed out below) is so strict and there is no guy in this world that fits that description. We are officially screwed. I also DON'T have the time to include a guy who doesn't understand futbol. Its humanly impossible for me to fit futbol, the gym, work (whether it be FT or freelance or both), friends (this part includes partying and drinking) AND a guy into my life. That is, unless that GUY is PART of futbol. Plus, i am so in love with my team that he's gotta understand why sometimes i would have to choose them over him. I mean, my heart is only OH-SO big and there's about 30 of them (team mascot, chef, manager, assistant manager, some reserves team players included). I can only love oh-so many people at once. Not sure if i can include him. haha And vice versa, i'd understand why he chooses his team over me. Compromise, that's what its all about in a relationship isn't it? haha

BASIC MINIMAL REQUIREMENT:
  • He's not going to be pissed that i check my phone every 30 seconds because of Twitter
    It would be even better if he had an account himself. But not mandatory
    • Watches EPL. Of at least some sort of league. Preferably the English league
      This way we won't plan trips or events on days we know there's a game playing. Or he would NOT have ANY issues with me reserving my Saturday and/or Sunday mornings for futbol and understand why i gotta jet on a friday night because i gotta be up early for an early game. One more thing too is lets just say he follows the German league- their games are on at a different time than the English league. This way, this allows both of us to have our ALONE/DOWN time- it works out BEAUTIFULLLY for the both of us and enables us to lead separate (futbol) lives. (Since i deeply believe in still maintaining separate lives apart from each other).

    • Mandatory: Cannot support Tottenham Spurs.
      I'll create exceptions for ManUtd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citey. Preferably no.

    • And of course nothing beats- being a Gooner.
      This way, we won't have any issues raising our kids (if he happens to be zee one) and making them decide at the age 3 which team they must support, mommy or daddys. (im serious).

    And of course the usuals- tall, geeky, charming, funny, talkative, troll, smart, has a British accent (Ha. Maybe that's extra). You know, REAL superficial stuff like that.

    Or if he wears this-


    I'm sold too.

    SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU KIDS KNOW ANYONE LIKE THIS! =D

    ......................

    See what i mean. I am destined to be alone forever. Or knowing my luck, l'll find someone that fits all that but he's a giant big SPUD (aka. Tottenham supporter).

    0 comments:

    tweeet tweeet


      TWEET WITH ME