The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The waiting game ends. Life goes on


As of today the waiting game officially ends. For the past week and a half ive been waiting for VG to get back to me on whether they made a hiring decision. Well they finally did and unfortunately for me I was not chosen for the position. : (

So how do i feel? Hmm. Crushed. But not as devastating as i thought it would be (l'll share why in a bit). And extremely disappointed. I'm not disappointed with myself (on contrary, i am actually quite proud of myself for fighting it til the end) but more of the general outcome. I mean i spent, SO much time and effort on two presentations- it just really sucks that at the end of it all it didn't really pay off with the most ideal scenario. I have to say though (as vain as i might sound), i thought my presentation was pretty kick-ass so for them to hire someone else, that person is seriously someone i do not ever want to compete with....EVERRRRRRR.


But hey, life goes on right. I created one of my best portfolio pieces and i am confident i can land a job using this as a sample of what i am capable of. Something im pretty sure i would NOT have done in my spare time. I also didn't think I was capable of pulling such ambitious deadlines either. I totally won myself a point in this round against myself.

That said though.

I actually have ANOTHER interview lined up for this coming Monday and shockingly- its even bigger than VG. How i manage it, no idea. But much thanks to J for hooking me up with the link. I think it was because i got the notification BEFORE i got the rejection, it didn't hurt THAT MUCH. I'm prettttty sure that if i had nothing lined up, no prospects i would be out drinking my sorrows away. Lets pray even HARDER for this to be the one?

Gutted- but still in the game biatches. Bring it.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME