The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Post-Graduate-Post & Other Meaningful Thoughts

I'll be back later to type something because i am actually currently getting ready for work.... but yes! I am finally an undergraduate! Pictures to come.

As of now though bear with me with a teaser! ^^


I did it! ^^


###

Back!

I am back now with I guess my last "GCM"-related post EVER because as of yesterday, GCM is literally only memories and can only be proven with the gazillion stalker pictures that ive taken over the past four years and that 25,000 paper that i almost lost....haha

The day started out super early with me getting up at 5:30am to put on my makeup and do my hair. It was kinda blurry that chunk of the morning, i only recall Vo msn-ing me saying she didnt know what to wear haha it felt like an exam morning where she didnt know which class room we were suppose to go to. hehe i going to miss that : ) At around 7:15, LX came to get me and "surprised" me with flowers even though i asked for them a couple of months ealrier.....heh im glad you remembered B.

Our Classic Lurve in the Car Pic

His Purdy Urple Roses : )

So even though we were suppose to be down there at 7:30am, we ended up being fifteen minutes late anyways and enjoyed every minute of it because its OUR DAYYYY.....until i saw A, E and Jennut come out with their gowns on. haha Thats when i began to "run" aka "power jog" in shoes ive worn for about half an hour.

The period between us entering the theatre to be awarded our degrees and lining up in depressing Kerr Hall East was way too long. To past time, we all became each others mirrors and helped each other pin our parachutes (that sash thing) to our bodies and straighten it for each other : )
When the time did come, we did our walk around this giant field then entered the theatre and the ceremony began. Basically it went on for two hours, and the first hour and forty five minutes were boring. It literally took only fifteen minutes to hand out all the degrees to all the GCMers. I tried my best to cheer for all the kids but it was really awakard screaming for you guys from the side and while im walking back to my seat. So i TOTALLY missed seeing my own boyfriend get his award, same with a few other people too. argh. However though, im glad one of our friends (J) got the loudest appaluse from all the asian kids because he was last to go and i think we all secretly love him the most haha

Another thing that i did because i am the biggest dork in the world, was to take pictures WHILE i was recieving my handshakes and awards. haha While everybody was enjoying their moment in the spotlight, you see ME, the dork holding up her camera and taking pics from my perspective. I actually wanted to take a picture with the chinese chancellor man but i actually got REALLY nervous as i crossed the stage so i chickened out last minute............otherwise i would have SO DONE IT and lagged up the line. haha

Yes, I was the loser with the camera

heh heh toooo bad. It would have been THE final act to signify what a big cam whore and freak i am. Once the ceremony was over, we all went outside to take pictures and thats when i fulfilled my own facebook event and gather all the kids together to take a nice large group picture =D Unfortunately i realized that we were missing Khalid and Cowan....but i can always photoshop them in there : ) There was honestly way too many things going on at once after the ceremony.

My GCM family

Even though in my facebook event, i said that my dream picture was to take it with ALL the kids- that was kinda a lie to get everyone together lollllllll NOT, that the group picture was any less important- but the main picture that ive wanted to take ever since year one was with the girls. I think, from the moment we took our first photobooth pictures- i think i knew that l'll be graduating, linking arms and making funny faces we the four girls. It was just something so weird that tied all of us together, different personalities, different background- all brought together to create priceless memories. I think l'll blog more in-depthly about how much i love them in my next post lol.

My Girls <3


Just a side dork story-
After we came out, we all are pretty hyped up about taking pictures and running around all care-free. That was when i realized i did have my degree certificate. You know that piece of paper that costs $20,000????? Yeah i didnt have a clue where it was and that was when i practically yelled- OMG I DONT KNOW WHERE MY DEGREE WENT. Not a good idea because the reactions i received ranged from my brother yelling- YOU IDIOT in his very mean voice, to my parents frowning, i think Albert's parents frowned too haha, to nearby GCMers smirked, to other grads and their families gave me the STUPID GIRL glare, i think Jo said Epic Fail haha and lastly Albert simply said- be glad Coco isnt here because he would have been very angry with you. LOL I mustve been the only grad to have misplaced their degree certificate, half an hour into recieving it. THEN, it hit me that LX had it and that was the end of that. HEH. Only dorky, would lose the one thing you cannot lose. heh lolll


Ok back on track lol
My parents and my brother came to see me on this "big" day and i was very grateful and very happy that they showed up. i realized how very frustrating and hassle-ish the day was for them; but they showed up anyways just to see me in my ugly ryerson blue gown and to take pictures with me. Its one of those things where i cant thank them enough in words but can only show my appreciation through many actions in years to come.

My Parents, Baby Brother and I :)))))))

& the topic of that many have asked me. How was the parents meeting. Ha ha ha. lolllll From a personal standpoint, i thought it was a lil weirdddd....i mean....its parents meeting parents.....not significant other meeting parents.....Otherwise it went well overall haha i dreamt it was much worst to be honest. The thing that made me exceptionally happy was the mister did the introductions. For the longest time i thought i was going to have to do it, I recall telling my cousin about it too. I dont know how to explain it, but it really just made everything even more better by him doing that. It means a lot to me, and i think he probably felt it and knew it even though i didnt say anything. Another item which i need to add to my invisible list of meaningful things he has done for me lol


heart heart smiles im so proud of you<3


Overall i think that was my convocation summarized up? lollllllllllll


Couple of Regrets though.
  • i did not take enough pictures. in general. i was aiming for 200, but i came out short with 94.
  • i didnt take pics with some people because i couldnt keep track!! im sorry annnh,ernie,jin,khalid, jo,denis,cristal,cowan,denise,ashZ&clearly there were more but i forgot. im sorry :(
  • i didnt spend enough time taking pics of the mister. that makes me even more sad
  • i didnt take a picture with raymond chang (the chancellor) when i was shaking his hand on stage.
  • i didnt get to take a picture with my dream team boys that consists of Chocolate, Junior and the mister : (((
  • i didnt take a picture of the GCM building
  • i left my camera home when we went for karoke

& i dont remember the others. boooooos. >.<


I was going to write my last GCM-related post, but i am mentally and physically exhausted (which would explain all the grammatical errors) due to lack of sleep, but majority because today work treated me like shit. The day was long and extremely brutal. I've never been this upset on the job before and honestly if it wasnt for LX coming to get/see me after work, and then later in the evening ranting to chocolate and twin- i think i really would have cried myself to sleep.

Because of this reason l'll do that post another time.

Goodnights and outsssss

2 comments:

annbug said...

congrats you kayyy!!! you did a good job!!!

eunchae said...

congrats : )
love your dress! pick a date for dinner, ok?

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME