The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Starbucks is Bliss

I'm off work, and walked a quarter of a mile (okay maybe not that long...but it really did feel like it with my laptop in my bag) from where i work to the nearest Starbucks. I am currently waiting for the mister to come get me for dinner and my blogging urges came. Hopefully I can finish writing this before he comes...because i have tendencies to do other things while i write up an entry.

For example,

I just...finished another episode of criminal minds =D
Or...i turned on restaurant city to feed my minions and to buy a giant squid for my restaurant rooftop.

Anyways, i find Starbucks to be very peaceful and came to notice a continuing trend of these sudden blogging urge feelings i experience. Everyone who knows me know that i am a big Starbucks addict that spends too much money there. To put it in better context, lets just say Im sure i could have saved it all up to buy a really sexy looking leather jacket instead of iced coffees and green teas. hmm I would consider myself a Very Important Person at Starbucks and expect to be treated that way haha Just now I ordered a usual Venti Customized Berryblossom White Tea, Steeped, with eight pumps of syrup on light ice *courtesy of Mils who introduced me to this drink* I order it that way because i am very important and arrogant like that...also because i really do like it that way. Anyways to my surprise, the girl understood what the hell i wanted!! wahaha Normally i would have to go through my whole speech on how i want it made/repeat my order/repeat AND explain how i want it made - and people would still look at me like im a bitch-that-deserves-to-be-stabbed. Because of that, i tipped her well, and fed her Unicorn Fund (dont ask, thats what the tip box said) and have concluded i love this Starbucks and will spend more time here.

As I was walking here, I was thinking of my "future" with my company. So I am a Marketing Associate, no secret (seeing that i have it up in my profile). What ive also mentioned numerous of times on my past life (dorkus_x), is that i have absolutely no experience doing anything Marketing/CRM/PR/Communications- related- which makes this position very challenging for me because I am not utilizing what has been implanted in my brain for the past four years. Instead, I am trying to scramble all those extra "minor" related knowledge and string them together to create an effective campaign. Not good.

Also my boss aka the president pointed out a truth that ive been avoiding for the past eight years- that my English is shit. Its to a point where i know if i dont do something about it, i will not be able to go very far on this career path. Which is why I am considering some sort of supplementary English-Writing class/journalism course (actually it was more like a recommendation from him)...yeah, pretty sad and hardcore. I know. You would think all this blogging would be some sort of practice for me, but i really think its just making me lazier when i type in slang and not in proper English because this is informal writing. Anyways a big portion of my job is to write press releases for the company and create press kits...yeah DESIGNING press kits is a piece of cake, i don't know so much about writing the content. That goes with website content, product brochure content, case studies, etc. Design? Thumbs up and happy face. Content? Scared and sad face. sighs.

With that said, the purpose of this portion of the rant is that at the end of my walk I came to the conclusion that I do want stay with the company for a long time and move up the rankings, even if it means needing to take English courses and learn how to drive (yes, that is another factor that is preventing me from getting promoted some day). Go ambitious me! Wish me good luck though because English scares me.... I'm Chinese! Chinese people no good with English! lol =[

Alright the boyfriend is here and im hungee.
OUTZ.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME