The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief


This is such a Harry Potter thing that K completely frowns upon and chooses to ignore its heavily influenced presence in my life.....but this looks like this will be what im reading in Cuba!!hahah can't ignore it there my dear!!! (Unless you leave me stranded in a hut. Sad Face.)

Apparently according to Twin its very HP-like and pretty much anything she recommends usually ends up being something i become obsessed with so i can't wait to start on this series of fiveeeee. I find it interesting and a little sad that I am only able to get myself into books that have a lot of fantasy and entertainment value to the plotline. I'm also not cutting nor limiting myself from reading other types of books (which i do indulge myself into/with) but its not something that i would choose to read on the shelf if i saw..lets say...The Golden Compass next to The Other Boleyn Girl. On a overall, my friends (such as C,J,A) read a wide variety of novels that actually has great substance to it.....while im into thunderbolts and vampires. Not saying that Thunderbolts and Vampires is JUVENILE but that's another blog entry for another day.

Or i can just be crazy. Haha I digress.

So I kind of went against my philosophy of reading the actual novels first before watching a movie made based on the story.....but i went ahead and watched this last night with LX.

I actually had about 2 hours to run to Coles and buy the book and read it but that would also mean i would roughly need to read (and comprehend!) about 200 pages each hour to finish the book.

Hmmmm yeah so i settled to watch it first.

The action was good, i love Greek Mythology, the acting was terrible but i still love Greek Mythology and the main kid has so much potential to be the next Zac Effron and you know me and the youngins!!! (Think Taylor Lautner haha)(Side side note: Taylor Lautner JUST turned 18 this month. Yums. No longerrrrr jailbait nomnnomnom). 

Sidetrackked!!!!

Overall the movie was tres entertaining for $5.52 thus i can only conclude the book should be better because it always is.

Yays.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME