The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Be Warned This is LONG

So here i am, a brand new year begins in the Chinese Lunar Calendar and i owe so many days worth of blogging to people whom has express their dislike in my lack-of posts and essentially laziness which cause them great inconvenience aka boredom. hahaha my bad =]

(I don't even know how i am going to do this because i have 2 entries saved up and about six other points of blog worthy things i wanna rant about.........yeah no idea. Its going to be maddd chopppy and tenses jumping all over the place.)

 ###

There's been so much shit happening with the TTC and they're virtually under the eyes (and cameras) of every rider. I actually wrote this entry up a couple of days ago but didn't publish it b/c it was half written. Then my cousin coincidentally wrote about the ttc too (Read here) and I was completely inspired to finish it because her thoughts on political and media issues are so welll written : )


Anyways i spend a major of my time on the internet (a commmon fact) and one day it was like the hit of a plague, the topics "#TTC" and "#TTCFails" begins trending on my tumblr (Toronto sector) and Twitter. It was all because of that unfortunate picture of the ttc man asleep at his post. Since that day, everyone's been constantly questioning why our municipal taxes are being spent on naps and inefficiency.

I take the TTC far more than some of my friends because of my handicap (lack of license) so i would think i am able to share some opinions because i have had my share of both good and bad experiences. There's been mad shit ones where i recall the time when i had to ask the entire bus for change because the busdriver man didnt bother looking at how much change i put in and didnt believe me. Or when it was what felt like -50 outside and TWO EMPTY bus drove right past me and i got on the third bus and totally bitched out the driver for his colleagues douche-bagness. At the same time i give MAD MAD respect to those bus drivers that drive the highschool routes. The bullshit they take from students is unbelievable and i remember very well a couple that were beyond cheerful and polite.

That said, um I think the situation has become very unfair for the drivers now that the younger generation (b/c we are the ones with the blueberries and iphones) has begun "stalking" their drivers every move. Its like people are completely expecting there to be more screw-ups. I feel like the busdriver can't even pick his nose on the job because then his one hand will be off the steering wheel and then the WHOAAA HE JUST PICKED HIS NOSE-pic will appear on the net and the public frowns on people that picks their nose. Seriously. Is that necessary?  BOOHOO. GET OVER IT PEOPLE.

I am completely bored and annoyed by this comedy. 

My past block of text may seem like I am completely pro-giving our taxes to people to nap on the job but that isn't the actual issue I'm describing. That incident was separate, unfortunate and stupid.

We all know it happens. It happens in every work environment. But nothing has ever been documented to give pressure to the TTC to "do" something about it. Its a good idea for the TTC to "tighten their belts" with their employees but at the same time people really need to stop it with the whole freaking-out-over-a-bathroom-break comedy or verbally harassing employees on the job (calling them useless and lazy, etc.).

We all need the TTC, regardless of the basketful of rotten, bitter employees. But why must harass the ones that ARE doing their jobs and minding their own business? Must we REALLY make the rest rotten and bitter for the mistake of those others? Shit without them driving our ass around we go NO WHERE BIATCHESSSS.

Just a thought. Stop being mean people.

###


The other night the mister and i SUCCESSFULLY watched Avatar Holymamas. After THREE attempts, this being our fourth were able to watch it in IMAX3D &&& was first in line and we got the sweeeetest seats in the entire theatre and chomped away on super awesome sneaked-in Chinese chips. lol We were actually in line for a good 2 hours ish and spent that hour watching The Hangover on lx's iPhone. It was such an ingenious move because our 2 hours did not feel like it.


Side note: Hangover is SUCH a wicked-ass movie. I cannot get over how freaking funny it was. I swear its the first comedy since the Wedding Crashers where i've laughed my ass off like that. Nothing else compared in between!!!! (Except maybe Tropic Thunder...that was disgustingly funny hahah). I think there's going to be a 2nd one and hopefully its going to be just as great. Zach Galifianakis (Alan) for the WINNNNN haha!!!!

So the movie situation was almost perfect- us being first in line, we have a great movie playing, snacks hidden away in my hobo bag, Starbucks on the side. An absolute WIN until- i had to pee. I was hoping i can hold it until i was in the theater, dropped off my shit and then come out and let it roll......but that did not happen because it was 10 minutes before the movie started and i told myself l'll take the chance and make a dash. I took my dash to come back and discovered they started to let people in. But the messed up part was i had to line up at the END OF THE LINE. OMGGGG. The thought did not AT ALL occur to me that i had to RE-LINE up because people arent going to let me butt in just because "my boyfriend is already inside". So yeah having to wait ten minutes to get to my sweet ass seats was kinda a waste of time haha

Again, the too perfect situation had to be spoiled by the HORRIBLE embarrassment of the ASIAN race by this family who sat next to us. I swear, every damn thing you AREN'T suppose to do at the theatre- THEY DID and they had to do it LOUDLY and in CHINESE. holyfaks. Kids, at the movies you are not suppose to:
  • Run into the theatres when there is CLEARLY a lineup of PEOPLE waiting to go inside 
  • Spill your JUMBO undrank soft drink on the carpet and leave it there
  • Literally SCREAM at the top of your lungs everytime an animal attack scene comes on the screen (even the 4 yr old daughter did not scream HALF as loud as the mama)
  • Leave your phone on NORMAL and let your phone ring for a good 30 seconds
  • AND THEN discuss in chinese LOUDLY with your spouse about whether to call the person back
  • AND AFTER THAT decides to call the person back and SPEAK CHINESE IN FULL VOLUME
Dot dot dot. ARGH I wanted to shoot them. These are the type of people that you hate because they TAINT the image of Asians.

Otherwise though the movie was pretty good haha. The plot was interesting, the world was interesting. At the same time though i think if i was to watch it in 2D i would be completely bored so big ups to IMAX3D lol It was worth staying out until 130am on a week night lol

###

For the rest of the other week nights - i completely went off of my BEAST MODE and went into EATING mode and have been eating way to effing much again which is NOT GOOD for the upcoming CUBA trip. Sobs. Now that CYN is over and the feasts has gone by i can focus on being a dieting machine again. On a shopping note I really want these shoes (not necessarily for the trip, just in general) lol


Beautiful. I agree.

My original thought before getting into shoes- was for half of the week i was working on the mister's Valentine's Day present. This year he decided on our behalf that we're going to craft/make something for each other instead of buying something. I guess since we both are very hands-on this is always "fun" and challenging. It's also great because we save a bundle lol. Since VDAY is over, its safe for me to load pictures of my DIY project that i was ranting about working late nights on for the past week on MSN.


That my friends, is a MOCK-UP of my vision. What i wanted to create was something for the mister to put in his room because he's currently dong his reno. I also didnt want to create something that he won't display and ends up under his bed so whatever i needed to come up with has to be CHIC and display-worthy. In the end i came up with doing Wine Bottles with Customized Labels.


That is the final product!!!

Basically what i did was i pretty much stole the artwork and textures from an existing wine company and just photoshop-ed and added in my own quotes. Since i am not SELLING these and they are for PERSONAL use, i'm in no way exploiting nor infringing on any copyright legal boundaries nor am i taking ANY credit for the work of the illustrations and patterns. Aside from all the legal mumbo jumbo i had to write there in case someone who is all too serious and decides to sue me i have to cover my ass somehow.................the project turned out pretty nicely doesnt it!!!! I wrote three letters and theyre all to be opened on Valentines Day this year, 2011 and 2012. i glued/sealed the 2011 and 2012 bottles so the mister can't go in and PEEEK. mwahah. Clever arent i.

I hope he likes them. Even though it aint no-
"manga-inspired graphic design on a Starbucks coffee cup featuring a photograph of Megan fox on SNL inside a professionally interior designed room with jazz music playing in the background wearing urban outfitter-like clothing eating rocky road ice cream with bacon bits sprinkled on top while playing a marvel video game that consists of a character who's wearing a star wars shirt who's just finished a filet o fish and now is napping and dreaming about DOTA characters frying chickens." 
(i quote Mr.J word for word LOLOL). i think my gift is very cute and pretty. haha

VDAY itself last night was pleasant even though there was its bumps but nothing that i won't get over. We went for a nice dinner down by the King Street West strip of Restaurants that lx and i frequent. I think we're going to make it a goal to try every single one of those restaurants on that street. Anyways we go to the one that he liked the most and again he always chooses the best dishes to eat and i always gets stuck with the mediocre one. The night had to end very early because he has to work today at 8am :(( Not before i get my crafted/DIY gift though- HOMEMADE CRANBERRY BLISS BARS baby!!!!! The STARBUCKS KIND. (FYI: My all-time favorite Pastry)

VS

Okay they seriously taste like 95% identical to the ones they have at Starbucks so i freaking hit the jackpot. I am going to be fattttttttttt by Wednesday because i already ate 2.5 bars today. I'M AN ADDICT HELP ME SOMEONE. Thnx Mister!!!! Lurveeeee <333 Maybe next year he can duplicate the Red Velvet Cupcakes ^^ haha!

FFFOUND

 (via Source)

HAHAH omg i absolutely had to share this because the picture reminds me SO SO SSO much of lx and i. Me being the super fatty girl and whining about him not telling me he loves me enough while hes just freaking shaking his head and wondering how the hell did he put himself in this predicament ahahhaha ohmygod i love him so much. ai.

&&&&&

Oh i HAVE to make a special mention to the delightfully, romantically pretty A whom (i assumed) sent out a HANDCRAFTED Valentines Day card to all the GCM girls. My dear you are perhaps one of the romantic girls i know. Please do keep it up because it makes me feel special knowing i am still in your heart. =]]]]

&&&&&

A super ghetto shoutz filled with love goez outz to my home girl K for being my lover and calling me out to have a crazy rendevous with EJS after the mister dropped me off on VDAY night.

###
Still here? I'm almost done i swear.
###
Now we're kind of back to the beginning, Chinese New Years festivities been going on the past weekend. Which also means Chinese People EVERYWHERE. I swear if it wasn't for the fact it is the New Years there would have been RED spilling everywhere because there was SO many idiots roaming the streets/markets/temple. Thinking about it makes me so angry!!! i.e. the lady i yelled at who tried to push her shopping cart out the ENTER door when there EXIT door was COMPLETELY FREAKING EMPTY!!! OMGG Who does that!!! Or the people at the temple who begins PUSHING you even though there is half of Markham's population of Asians in one room. PEOPLE- you're lucky you all have little torches (the lighted incense) in your hands or else you would have gotten a nice verbal beating from my brother and i.

I really shouldn't be so bitter for the new years. i need more hot yoga in my life haha.

So Year of the Tiger is unbelievably depressing for us big Orange Cats of 86'. My dad was just reading my horoscope to me and it kept on getting more and more glooomy. From terrible CAREER to big changes to RELATIONSHIPs (thats freaking the shit out of moi) to poor HEALTH and lack of MONEY. What the eff man. There was NO sunshine, not even a PEEK in the three articles he read to me first and i re-examined second. Nopes. No hope.

There you have it Tigers (majority of my friends)- this is the year of being patient, calm, rational and no attitude because that attracts trouble, doom and poorness. Basically dont act like a psycho bitch and you'll be fine. Bright side though, all you Oxs and Roosters are good! haha.

A Grand Happy Chinese New Years to allllllllllllllllllll =D
###
So before i end what i think might be the LONGEST entry i have every freaking typed in my history of blogging, i thought l'll share that i dreamt of Robert Downey Jr. last night and the first thing i did this morning was wake up to download Sherlock Holmes to watch again.................... Go freaking figure!!!! I don't even remember talking about the actor/ironman. Me and my celebrity dreams eh!!!!!



That said thought he is quite an attractive forty-five year old man. Who wouldn't wanna tap that? HAHA Okay I am a freak.


i swear i won't ever make anyone read through all that shit at once. I promise more periodic updates.

BYE!

1 comments:

annbug said...

Maybe this will be more encouraging -

eing the Tiger’s own year, 2010 holds great promise for those born under this sign, with exciting developments happening for them both personally and professionally. Some Tigers may be feeling disappointed and disheartened after 2009 and it will be important to leave the past behind and concentrate on the future, which is looking so bright! Financially, everything improves this year for those born under this sign and money-making thoughts and ideas should be fully explored and investigated. With the fast pace of this year for all signs, the Tiger needs to take extra care in planning and thinking all projects through – no rushing headlong into schemes during 2010! Tigers looking for romance will possibly see a friendship suddenly develop into something more personal with exciting consequences. August, December and January will see a very active and entertaining social calendar, but all of 2010 will see fun activities for the Tiger. The Spring months, March to May, will bring encouraging and interesting job opportunities, but the Tiger will still have to make sure he puts himself forward and gets noticed at work.

PS: Thanks for the shoutout!

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME