The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Win (Fatty) Weekend!

Wow i totally deserve to be fat. I ate all weekend and its not looking so good with my "Beast Mode" that i currently was doing some-what well with. Its been a double movie, double Winterlicious weekend and i loveddddddddd every moment of it even though l'll probably be paying for it this week at the gym.

FRIDAY menu
  • Jimmy the Greek Gyro Dinner (with Peas and Carrots in my rice!!! Be proud of me) && I Didn't finish the potatoes and bit of the rice.
  • FUZE Honey Greentea at like 1am
As predicted, that day i had quite a stressful day. It was a lot more stressful than i thought it would be so i OT-ed for an extra 2 hours. The mister and i ended driving back east and ate dinner in the STC food court and ended up watching Daybreakers. We've wanted to see this movie since the day it came out and it did NOT disappoint me one bit.


I now have a small crush on Ethan Hawke. I couldnt keep my eyes off of him throughout the movie. It was by pure coincidence that he played a VAMPIRE named EDWARD............................wahhahahahaha (reference to EDWARD CULLENT from twilight for those who did NOT make the connection). Even though hes old, HE'S HAWT. AHHH fan me please.


SATURDAY menu
  • Lobster and Crab Soup, Roasted Beef Brisket with Yukon Mash, Mixed Berries Shortcake and big spoonfuls of Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice cream and Caramel Syrup
  • Two Venti Zen Greentea with 2 swirls of Honey
  • Ms. Vickies Sweet Onion Chips
  • 6 inch Cold Cut Sub on Wholewheat bread
LX and i met up with the boys for our Winterlicious lunch @ Fred's Not Here. I didnt really notice this but lx brought this up and I looked up and saw there being more Chinese patrons than there are Caucasians and this is Fred's Not Here we are talking about- not dimsum. I think the Asian population caught onto there being an annual seasonal dining festival and want to join in on the fun too. I don't know. It was all very weird to me because we eat at these restaurants to get away from large groups of asians and here they are too.

Anyways the lunch itself was very delicious. I think i would have just paid the full lunch price JUST to eat the soup. Afterwards we did our usual Starbucks thing and spent a good four hours just talking and catching up because we havnt seen Junior in months. We then proceeded to watching Book of Eli and snuck in our dinners. BAM. Just like that, double movie nights. The Cineplex Odeon gods must love us so much.

Book of Eli was ALRIGHT. That one little twist was probably the best part of the movie....and maybe the old creepy old couple part because they had military-style weapons. Weapons always makes a movie more fun lol Otherwise, too much sexual brutality (i.e. rape). Two scenes were already way too much. And there wasn't enough fighting even though I think the initial idea/purpose of the plotline was to (indirectly promote the bible) get people to appreciate the little things that we have and shouldn't take things forgranted. I think the message for me was lost along the way in the movie. Overall I preferred Daybreakers from the night before.


 i really liked Mila Kunis (JACKIE!) though. The windy messed-up boob-length hair, the bad-ass aviator sunglasses. She was hawt.

The night ended with us taking a trip to the ghetto west-end and as always, the day was fabulously great and i love these guys to death. I'm pretty sure the feelings are mutual amongst us four which makes me unbelievably happy.


RANDOM SIDE NOTE
Guess who got their laptop back!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeMEEE (finally)!!!!!!!!!!! Ohmygod it feels so great to have it back. I'm actually quite frighten to download anything now because of this attack (of the trojans and worms!) which isn't good for my drama-watching. D installed Windows 7 as my OS and im loving it. Its so so fast and everything is so smoothhhhhhhhh. I just hope i dont mess it up again seeing this is like my third or fourth time to reformat this piece of crap. I just need to re-personalize it and install all my ADOBE and OFFICE stuff and perhaps set-up an impenetrable security system and take over the wide wide web while in at it.


SUNDAY menu

  • A small slice of blueberry cake
  • Tall Iced Americano, Extra Sweet
  • Venti Zen Green tea with one swirl of honey
  • Matane Shrimp Pate with flax seed lavash & tobiko vinaigrette, Hungarian Beef Goulash with Cottage Cheese and Sticky Toffee Pudding (aka a big piece of sponge in toffee sauce!)
  • Three glasses of wine
  • Hot Pot!!!
I regretfully skimped out on going to BodySteps because i was too exhausted from the previous day's activities (lots of walking around DT) even though i really should have just gotten up anyways b/C L began texting me at 9am lollll The girls and i had plans to eat at Oliver and Bonacini (my 2nd winterlicious this weekend) and eventually i had to get up and put on my face. Travelled to Starbucks to wait for the girls to come get me and the tale begins.

Everyone knows what an Avid Starbucks drinker I am. It has gotten progressively worst now that the boyfriend works there and we have become what I call- Coffee Snobs. We have been completely brainwashed by the weird-ass Green Logo and have urges to go to Starbucks if two days has gone by without having one. Because of that, I would say I am more or less NOT a noob when it comes to ordering and knowing its PRICES at Starbucks.

I do my usual order of a Venti Green Tea because i know the Green Tea will come into good use after my late lunch (Green tea BURNS fat!!!!! Or so i tell myself that anyways heh). The girl at cash rings in my order and it comes out to being double of what its worth. I told her politely (even though its a very arrogant thing to do) that she must have made a mistake because I only asked for ONE tea bag and not two. She goes into a long string of babble about how this is the new system since the new line of teabags came.

Stop right there.

Erm. New system?

Buddy i was just AT Starbucks YESTERDAY and they didnt ring in what im seeing now AND on top of that the bf made no mentions of this new system (yes he would fill me in just like if i was working for SB) so i dont know wtf you're trying to get at
 - all in my head. 

I asked again when was this implemented and she gave me more BS that its been weeks which again is A LIE b/c like i just saiddddddd, i was just there not even 24 hours ago. I called the mister hoping he can clarify this and give this bitch grief about her mistake and UNWILLINGNESS to just give me one fcuking teabag and more water. SADLY, the mister didnt pick up and i WASNT able to give the girl terror as i planned out in my head......so i settled for an Americano (something they CANNOT fcuk up) and asked her to refill my card with 40 bucks.

At the end of ALLLLL that after paying for my drink and my recharge, she gives me a Venti Zen green tea (ONE teabag) on the house and apologizes for the "inconvenience" it has caused me.............BUT i should understand that this is how the system is from now.

I didn't know whether i should have been angry because shes still not getting it or impressed with the politeness and courtesy she showed which is what Starbucks Customer Service is all about!?!? That said though, i confirmed with the mister later that night that she is in fact moronic (i am right. Of course) and i should complain to a shift manager the next time something like this happens.

That was my Starbucks tale of the month. haha
The lunch was great! lolllll Had a wonderful time with the girls even though the food was not as impressive as I imagined it to be. Hopefully we'll have a nights out soon because i love dressing up with you ladies : ))

In short, in the evening when i got home i walked into the kitchen and saw all the prep for HOT POT. AH i swear the first thing that came to my mind was F.M.L. && just like that i had another too satisfying meal to end off the weekend.

And that was my weekend kiddos.
This turned out to be much longer than anticipated. Enjoy the work week peeps, happy reading!

1 comments:

annbug said...

"got home i walked into the kitchen and saw all the prep for HOT POT. AH i swear the first thing that came to my mind was F.M.L."


- I LOLed when I read this. This happens to me too many times to count.

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME