The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Combat it Out

I had a pretty cruddy end of the day today. I really don't like playing the Blame Game at the office and i am in no particular mood to play it at 4:30pm. That is definately not something I am looking forward to facing tomorrow at work. It's going to be a long day...i better load it up on the whole wheat "organic" crackers and roasted garlic hummus aka my new favorite snack in the whole world! (Next to those Cranberry Addictivethins...mmmm nom nom noms).

As routine goes, every Tuesday and Thursday are my gym nights (Pump & Combat respectively) because my shitty membership only allows me to go on those days (and Sunday...but those mornings are dependent on soooo many factors like if whether i slept at midnight orrrrr 3:30am) and only at one specific club. Anyhoo, rain or shine or snow- i'll be there and ive been doing SO SO great. I am SO close to my prizeeeee. HEHEHEHE. So I find myself enjoying Body Combat a lot more than pump because its more cardio mixed with "subtle" strength training. Also the fact its like *make-believe* training for your big knock-out fight with...iono. the bitch with the large teeth you hate. (Sorry, thats my make-believe fight. argh i really dont like her.) Okay so im sure everyone has a bitch with large teeth that they secretly want to take down in their hearts - this IS the class to attend to take out your anger and punch your fat out.

Who doesn't like violence right? Clearly I do because i swear i see nobody around me when I combat except my opponents face. Sometimes it turns into the rat! and we all know how much i hate the rat.

I can't believe i just typed that. It looks so incriminating.

Anyways! So its a great class that i wish i can attend every single day. According to the website the class is described as:
 BODYCOMBAT™ is a non-combat (okay so maybe the Combat part i totally made up in my mind), martial arts-based fitness program with moves drawn from Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Kung Fu, kickboxing, Muay Thai and Tai Chi. With the following benefits (c/o lesmill.com):
  • Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease(Yeah yeah)
  • Tones and shapes key muscle groups
    (Muscles eat fat for breakfast/lunch AND dinner! Win.)
  • Burns calories for a leaner body (The two magic words together: BURN and CALORIES. Can't lose)
  • Improves co-ordination and agility (I'm still pretty clumsy. This is a maybe)
  • Improves bone density (Can't tell!)
  • Improves posture and core strength and stability (I suppose. But im still very lazy)
  • Builds self-confidence (in my mind...haha)
I felt like blogging about this tonight because i still felt unbelievably pumped from the class five hours later. I swear I havn't had such a great class in SO long. I mean every class is great and I sweat my ass and armpits off (ive had so many injuries from pulling something too hard) every single time but today's class was exceptional. The instructor (who is freaking awesome because he is Jah-mai-can and such a biggggg buff guy with dreads....oh and hes very entertaining too) threw in some new CHALLENGING moves (i.e. LUNGES. omg my cousin would have freaking died today from doing Lunges hahah i was thinking of you the entire time MizTran!!!! & how your bum hurts from those hardcore lunges you did in the past 2 days) and even though it was sooo painful i loved every second. AHHH. Craziness. I am like experiencing a crazy adrenaline rush or something. Which is very weird because its close to my bedtime and im normally flat and down on my bed..........instead im blogging...on my brothers computer. I wonder if my mom put anything "extra" in the soup that might be the cause of all this..............

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Strangeness. I had a string of babble and then i looked over @ the tv and saw the LEGION trailer and i lost EVERYTHING in my head.

And just like that I lost my blogging high.

Booooooo(b)s >.<

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME