The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Review

Okay straight up. I'm no pro when it comes to make-up. In fact i'm pretty far from it. I simply want to share my opinion on a product that i think is worth blogging about and sharing my experience with it. In no way am i going to start taking pics and being all hardcore (awesome) like xteener, michellephan, iamgrape, etc. Anyways, i thought l'll write a small disclaimer before i proceed onto my "review" of MakeUpForever's Aqua Eye Liner.

I guess most people know that i'm going to to Cuba in April and the first thing i started looking into was water/sweat/weather-proof eyeliner. One thing with me is I absolutely will not go out in public without drawing a dark, thick, curved line on my eyelids. (&& under eye concealer. But i dont want to get into that in this post). I told myself- okay, Concealer or eyeliner. I gotta ditch one and can't wear both to the beach. I decided that i needed the liner more because i didnt want to have any sort of "cover up" on my skin that will be fried by the sun.

I soon realized I had a problem at hand because i will be entering a country that is practically a sauna and most of the eyeliner i use are not exactly err smudge or waterproof. (I use only gel liners and pencil during workouts.....Yeah see what i mean. Who the hell wears liner when they workout!?!?). Now seeing how i don't go out in public without liner, but i dont want to look like an emo goth girl on the beach either.....it doesnt work out very well for me because i am not paying almost a grand to stay indoors (which will probably be just as hot and my sweat will melt the liner!!!). I also refuse to spend 30ish bucks on the GEISHA brand liquid pen liner that my cousin bought because i'm poor- though it would have been the most ideal product to use because shes gone swimming in it (i think ha ha) and it stayed onnnnnn. Anyways after my readings of 10 billion reviews online, i went ahead and bought MakeUpForever's Aqua Eye Liner in Light Brown.

 I decided on brown instead of my usual dark, granite black because i wanted something more natural looking for the beach but i kind of contradict myself because there's really nothing natural about wearing makeup....on the beach. haha So after buying it, i thought to myself how was i going to figure out whether its CUBA-PROOF before im actually in Cuba.

That's when my brilliant mind told me to wear it to Hot Yoga last night. =D

I put it on an hour before heading out to the studio and then went through about an hour-ish of Hot Yoga before coming home to check whether it stayed on. During that hour, i sweated more than a pig, i drenched my undergarments and clothes (you know that you've insanely sweated when you wore a black tank and when upon taking it off you notice its one shade darker), and i also wiped my face with a towel (deliberately wiping directly around the eye area) several times during the hour. Since this isn't a pro review, i'm not going to upload any actual photographs. i thought illustrations will do just as good of a job showing the before and after.

As you can see, before hot yoga the color was like a light-ish brown. After all the sweat and heat, i noticed that it simply faded to a even lighter brown and the curve and line was still in-tact. I couldn't really tell if it "smudged" under my eye or in the crease because it was so light that it might have blended in with my skin (my eye area is much darker than other areas of my face). That or it actually didn't smudge at all. I wouldn't know unless i try it out with a black or bright blue/purple color.

All in all, this eyeliner COMPLETELY exceeds my expectations of a heat-enduring and sweat-proof product and i REALLLLY wanted to share that. As i mentioned before my main concern was smudging and to me i didnt notice any. To me this is 80% Cuba-proof and was such a great purchase. I think i'm actually going to go buy the black colored one now because it glides on so nicely and i can use it as a "grab and draw" on the go liner when im in a rush instead of taking my sweet ass time finding my fluidline and its accompanying angle liner brush. I think it'll be a great lower-eye liner too since they don't recommend using gel/liquid for lowerlash line drawings.

That said though, there probably will be variations and hits & misses because according to twin, this doesnt work for her but liquid liner stays on like a tattoo...soo its hard to say for each person.

Today i put it on and putting it to a test again and see if it can last a 8 hour work day and also a session at the gym. We'll see how that goes but i doubt there will be any surprises.

Yay! i lurve finding new workable makeup! =D

3 comments:

annbug said...

babe, its so okay NOT too put your head in water. thats what i basically did.

AND around this time, i don't think its humid at all. more like hot with a warm breeeze so it should be fine!


and agreeed. MUFE Aqua eye's is awesome! i've loved in since FOREVER,

AND concealer is a total yes. if its a good one, you wont even know that you're wearing it.

fyi, i work eyeliner, foundation, concealer AND bronzer/blush to the beach and pictures turned out okay. no need to be conservative

lien was using this liquid eyeliner that basically turns to clay when you use it which basically means NO smudging. i think she went snorkelling in it and it urned out ok. you should ask her about it

MsTran said...

I absolutely love my geisha eyeliner... lol i wear it every day now since i can.. lol yes, i do agree though, 30.00 is a lot of money but it was well worth it! =D

also, when I went to Florida/Domincan, I never wore make up... I always hid my eyes with my huge bee-like sunglasses! LOL and even now when i don't want to go out with makeup, I always wear my sun glasses too! LOL

MsTran said...

oh lol and don't forget to buy sunglasses! I need to go buy myself a designer one soon!

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME