The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hockey & More

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT. After 8 years we finally brought the game back home biatchessssssssssssss.
YAAA. The men's hockey team actually didnt win a GOLD since 2002 and they didnt even get a MEDAL in 2006 after getting kicked out by the Russians. I personally think they would have gotten shot by the public if they lost last night. But that's just me and my violent way of thinking.

Yesterday i was working (argh) and missed 95% of the game. Fortunately for meeee i came home in time to watch the best 15 minutes of the game (the winning part). I confess- i actually thought Canada was going to lose. They were playing sloppy and did not take enough chances at shooting. The entire Overtime i was on the edge of my seat actually WAITING for the Americans to score. THNX GOD 87 did his thing and brought it backkkkkkkk. Ya ya. Canada Pride. THE ESKIMOS PREVAILSSSSSS.

mwhahaha BIG UPS to the American team though. Yeah they're our rivials but you gotta be blind and totally biased (which most Canadians are) to not see that the Americans did an awesome job of surviving AND reviving themselves. Good job to them!!! They also have ALOT of hot guys on their team haha but they all looked the same after they lost. The gloomy and sour facial expressions were all very cookie cutter ish haha. i hate watching the loser team after the game because i would forget the winning team and refocus my energy to pitying the losers. Its such a bad humanity habit.

Anyways so apparently the Men did not show up for the closing of the Olympics ceremony...which from what im reading- is very poor attitude coming from them. Steve Nedermyer managed to get into the audience but don't think anyone else did. Not that i give a damn because i didnt watch it either (I WAS BUSY!!) but i think people are just making a big deal out of it (even though i do see what they are trying to get at) like with the whole women's hockey team getting drunk and smoking on the ice. Boohoo. Those american reporters are just bitter that they just lost (omg the US Women's team looked like they were going to eat us after their defeat. They did NOT take it well).

So after the game i wished i actually came out and went to a bar or something. The pictures popping all over my FB of the parties and celebration last night down at Dundas Square looked fun.

Argh. You know work is picking up when i come in on a Sunday afternoon. sighs

AND. More negatives.
  • I still have no hair straighter. I look like a Caspian Lion every day.
  • I have no dental insurance so i completely sold myself out and used the i-am-poor-please-pity-me cry with the reception lady to charge me significantly less. Its still a lot but significantly less. 
  • I feel like i have a cavity. Again. 
  • My retainers broke...meaning i need new ones...meaning i gotta pay. 
  • I spent money on a hand bag this weekend. I have like eight.
  • I didnt get to do hot yoga last week. I dont think my schedule permits me to do it this week eithers :(
  • Still no time to do anything. Laundry everywhere, my plastic teeth guard (aka retainers) is brown, slacked on looking for new job, uncomplete contract work, dirty makeup brushes that keeps on being used but not washed, dirty mirrors, un-ironed clothes, makeup palettes all over room, disorganized desk. 
  • No Starbucks for FIVE DAYS. 
  • UNPAID, UNHAPPY EMPLOYEE
But of course some positives.
  • Just4fete this Friday. I am going to drink so effing much i might possibly top my labour weekend fiasco!! Wahahah
  • Booking Cuba trip tmr! 
  • Alice in Wonderland soon soon soon.
  • Seems like my face cleared up (minus the blemishes). Lets not jinx it now.
  • I get my teeth cleaned! (Despite negative point number two). I love the feeling of squeaky clean teeth.
  • ECLIPSE TRAILER out! in 13 days. <3!!!!!!! 
  • A vacation wardrobe courtesy of twin...coming to my closet in the next 2 weeks.
  • I FEEL like i LOST a tiny bit of weight. But of course that could be my STARBUCKS weight. (Refer to second last negative point)
  • Arrival of my packages in the mail.
  • Doing of the taxessss = Money that is rightfully mine returns
  • Drink feast weekend after...tentative.

&& the week begins. Already i feel like i have no time. gahhh.

1 comments:

MsTran said...

The men's hockey team didn't go to the closing ceremony because they still have to go back to their cities and prepare for their normal leagues. They didn't even have the chance to celebrate :(

wwwhhhhhaaaatttt!?!?!? you're not coming to yoga tonight!??!

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME