The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why i love Futbol (and Arsenal) - an Explaination.

Its no secret to anyone that i am a HUGE futbol fan. Its so huge i even call it futbol and not soccer. More specifically ive turned into a hardcore Arsenal fan. Of course anyone that has me on facebook and/or twitter, and also personally would already know that from my excessive tweets, angry/mocking status updates, my constant chatter regarding the subject and of course, the team jerseys i wear out on a regular basis proudly and shamelessly.

For the past couple of weeks i've actually been feeling extremely sad because my team hasn't been very doing well. I've told people this and EVERYONE (except for A) just looks at me with that uber crazy wtf i dont understand you look. Interestingly enough just hours ago i was in tears at the bar because i thought we won a very important game and now im upset beyond imaginable. People ask me why do i get so worked up and get so visibly upset? I'm going to try and explain that feeling in one shot and if u still dont get it..................yeah i can't do much about it. hahah

I started to follow the English Premier League (EPL) and Spanish League in September. A started too with the EPL but followed the French League instead. No brainer, she supports France, i support Spain. At the time i didn't know which team to "follow" so i actually watched all games played by the infamous top 5 teams in the league (i would name them but i don't think anybody gives a shit)(Actually l'll name em for shits and giggles: ManUtd, ManCitey, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea). I was EXTREMELY busy for a couple of weekends (watching game after game) trying to figure out who i want to be "my team". Somehow outta all the teams that i watched, Arsenal was the ONLY one that did not bore me to death and was the only one i was able to watch the game in its entirety from when it started right up to the 90th minute. So it wasn't like a bandwagon thing where i jumped onto the one with the most wins, the most popular and has the hottest guys. On contrary if that was the case, i SHOULD be following Manchester United (like the rest of the Chinese population.) aka the infamous team Beckham was on for 10 years  (Yuck, the thought makes me cringe.) But i don't. In fact i actually hate them. So in a way Arsenal chose me.

And if you even START, even DARE TO start on the reason why i started to follow Arsenal is because the guys are good looking - i seriously will cut your face for insulting me like that. Call me a fan girl, i will triple slash that face. And if you are a good friend, the value and effort that i will be putting into your wedding gift will be influenced (hint: HEAVILY deducted). But i mean if you are a realllllll good friend, you would never say that to me so there's nothing to worry about (aka ur wedding gift is safe haha) ! = ]

So now, i am physically and emotionally attached to Arsenal. Every day i wake up and the first thing i do is check twitter to see if any of the boys from my team tweets, then i check for news. Their wins and losses directly affects me and i swear to god those tears are real and so are those threats if you dare cross me when i am angry. It has become so personal that if you attack the team, its like you are attacking me. There has been many instances where i would get into heated conversations with people i hardly know- just because they started to talk shit about arsenal. I've even begun to judge people depending on what team they support.

I really can't explain that devotion except that its REALLY like, being married to someone. Its SO sad, SO weird and SO hard to comprehend but really think of it that way. You decide to devote your life to that person and in good or bad times, you will stick by them no matter what. Chin up at all times. They make you happy, they make you sad. You love their flaws and their entirety. That's exactly how i feel about my team. It has now become like a pledge and vow i made to the team, to be supportive and faithful til i die.

Sounds kinda like a cult eh. bahaha

As of now its Arsenal > Boys. I have no time for boys. I will probably remain single for the rest of my life because of this.

So after reading this people, please still be my friend. lollllllllllllllll.

Peace out kids. im going to sulk for the rest of the day.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME