The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fairytale

I attended my first Brown Engagement Blessing ceremony yesterday for S&N. It would say it was quite a pleasant culture experience. I think it was mostly stemmed from the fact that i was able to be part of the "back scene" by helping setting up things and being around the bridal party for the entire day. I think if i was to just arrive and not been around to do all those things, i would have been pretty bored.

The engagement ceremony went well, S looked so so beautiful. I think her and N are the most good-looking couple i know. Pretty babies are expected. It was SO SO hot though, i think i sweated up a storm and i was the one that didn't have to wear the traditional clothing which basically meant i got the better end of the deal. Afterwards it was pictures (the bridal party is SO cute) and drinking as down time.

So can i say that brown people can party? Like, even the grown-ups lololol omg it was INSANE. A few drinks and they start blasting reggae and dance hall. I didnt even need to go to the club to dance. And can i also add, that S's mom has got some hot swag. I cannot move like that woman. She is absolutely phenomenon!!!!!

One thing i do want to comment on though, is how envious I am of S&N. They are what you call, blissfully in love with one another. The perfect fairytale. Its not the sappy, barf-worthy kind of romance either. Its real yet storybook-like. They are both so so cool and so much fun when they're together. Everything you want in a relationship, they have with one another. I can even go as far as saying that they remind me a lot of when A and I were together, playful. But so much more. So much better. Lets not forget how much her in-laws LOVES her. And vice versa. The family bond is also visibly strong and its not quite official just yet either so you can only imagine how much stronger it will become when they become official. Honestly, the day just proves that happily ever afters do exist. There are guys out there that want to settle down and be devoted to building a life with you without needing to sacrifice anything. So thank you to the both of you, for giving me hope. Again. Sorta.

Needless to say though- i earned my Scarborough street creds yesterday. haha booya.

But now its TOTAL CRUNCH TIME. My entire day was pretty much wasted because of my hangover. (I drank on an empty stomach AGAIN. I really don't learn do i.)

The main theme for the deck i am creating is Playstation/Xbox's NBA 2K11. I hope being the boy that i am, i can design something so kickass that it doesn't look like a female did it. And then of course get hired and life would be almost perfect again.

Outs.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME