The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Friday, May 20, 2011

holey moley

Earlier in the evening at Starbucks. This was the speed my downloads were going at.


What the hell?!?!?! omg mind you that the "normal" speed is about 190KB/sec (ON A GOOD DAY!)

The net was clearly on steroids today.

Anyhoo. So long weekend has dawn on us. A long weekend that i SHOULD be enjoying but suddenly at 5:30pm today a bomb was dropped on me thus i abid farewell to my highly anticipated many-hours-of-trolling-tumblr-for-Arsenal-Charity-Ball-pictures long weekend. Oh and of course S&N's engagement ceremony and the last Arsenal game of the Season - all of which i am highly anticipating

But now, to get into details of "the bomb" now.

I haven't really told anyone yet but yes, i did make the shortlist for that interview that i spent what seemed like endless nights and days working on the prep and presentation for it. Round 2 officially began today when one of the guys that interviewed me, sent an e-mail outlining the "challenge" of this round. In short- the e-mail included a folder with content and image assets and I am asked to create a presentation by the coming Wednesday. There's really no restrictions, I am at creative freedom. Basically be innovative, be wild and be hardcore

When I first read this i felt my brain turn into mush. For the past week i've pretty much been just working exclusively on my "Sample" portfolio site (because i felt the need to have something up, rather then being mad ghettos and sending PDFs of my work) and trying to get it up by today.
BTW.
IT IS UP. FIND THE LINK YOURSELF......IT SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY FOR THOSE THAT SPENDS THEIR TIME LOOKING THROUGH MY STUFF. Let me know your thoughts if you DO see it. Feedback is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!
I spent SO much time redo-ing it and lost some sleep over it. It was extremely mentally draining and i thought after completing it this afternoon, i'd REALLY have some time to recover. Na Uh. No can do with Round 2 deadline in 4 days and I lose almost 2 days because of prior plans. I simply did not think i have the mental capacity to do anything spectacular and hardcore. I squeeeezed that creative sponge dry. I felt like I was out of tricks.

Lets also not forget about all the freelance opportunities that has suddenly popped up and i have to figure THAT out next week. 

That said though, after freaking out and crying internally for about 20 minutes- i was STILL able to send out another job application to a really awesome advertising and design boutique for an available position (TY cousin for showing me their website) and started drawing up a mental game plan for this Round 2 on the bus ride home.

Mental Note: Must watch what im drinking/eating this weekend. Potentially no gym until NEXT Thursday. :((((

But yes. Here we go. Round 2. *DING DING*

FUKKKEN BRING IT BIATCHES. I was made for this.

Let the games begin..................

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME