The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, May 9, 2011

TEEE SHIRT WEATHER

OK. HERE IT IS. UPDATE UPDATE.

[ The weekend is done again and i know i promised/sorta, an entry yesterday but i got lazy and procrastinated and the next thing you know its 1230am and i need to sleep to get up for 7am, for a 9am game at the pub. My apologies, sleep was definitely priority seeing i did not get much of it from the past weeeeek. ] <- As you can see i wrote this YESTERDAY. I was not lying.

So from my previous couple of entries, you kind of get the idea that i was so exhausted to a point of insanity. To recap, i had an interview with a really awesome company for a position that's pretty much "tailored" for me. I really did NOT think i had a chance even though i fit the description of the type of person they are looking for. Reason being is that i responded to it from seeing a posting on Monster and everybody knows, how many hits Monster gets- especially for design jobs. Anyways, didn't think i would be called back but they did. The catch here was that they called a day AFTER i took my laptop in for servicing. They listed a lot of specific things they wanted me to bring in as portfolio pieces and being the big fukken dumbass that i am- i have none of that backed up. It was ALL on that laptop that is in servicing, that won't be available for me until 2 weeks later. Thankfully after a rant with the cousin after i read the call-back e-mail, i somewhat formulated a game plan which was pretttttttttttty much to RECREATE several pieces and create a kick ass presentation. I had about 4.5 days to do all that. Even though it sounds like a lot of time, it actually wasn't. During those couple of days even though i managed to get in 6 hours of sleep, it was extremely mentally exhausting because i would get up at 8am to start working at it and literally grind at it until 2 am. I did 7 hour starbucks session, i also somehow managed to fit in an hour or two at the gym and obvs my downtime which included eating/crapping/showering.....QUICKLY. There were many, MANY instances where i started to doubt myself and wondered whether I was being a little bit too ambitious with what I was trying to achieve for this interview. At the end though, i ACTUALLY finished on schedule (surprisingly) and i personally thought i did an amazing job given the amount of time i had and the shitty slow old laptop i was using.

For anyone that cares- the interview went amazing. I hope i dont jinx myself by saying this but i am SO confident that i made the short-list for round 2. Okay maybe i shouldnt have said that because now i dont feel so confident no more after i typed it out. ah fakerys.

Moving on.

The other evening was also the night of the advanced screening of Something Borrowed that i won tix to (remember?!?!). The movie itself was absolutely fantastic. I LOVED it. Every minute. I loved it so so much i'm actually going to watch it again with K this week. As mentioned before, i am so in love with John Krasinski. After watching the movie i am even MORE in love with him. It is definitely time to download all seasons of the Office. And of course at the end of the movie, C and I managed to take a picture with the main actor. I'm totally taking this experience as practice to when i actually meet one of my Arsenal boys and i won't fan girl the fuck out in front of them. Thumbs Up and Big Grins.

Now, some quick point-form thoughts-
  • E.I - So i've been informed that i will be not receiving employment insurance benefits as i thought i would be. This kind of spoils the summer in a way where i won't be able to patio as much, go out as much, go on certain camping trips and road trips, and obvs no new summer wardrobe. That said im hoping, hoping to be hired sooooon because i can't support this lifestyle of mine for very long on the savings i have. Wish me good luck kiddies.
  • Beastmode- Since i'm unemployed and the gym is STILL taking money from my acct every month, i'm trying really hard to get fit and down to how i was last summer. I discovered the other week that i actually gained TEN pounds since December. Very, VERY bad. So beast mode totally on. That said, i think i am in the best shape i've ever been (not as good as last summer but close enough) health-wise. Like i've said many times before, i'm fueled by negative energy when i work out. Hence why i look like i am going to kill someone when im at the gym. I don't like people being in my way. I think that's the competitive nature side of me. I'm quite a competitive and jealous person by nature.
  • HARRY POTTER- Had to add this. The trailer for the 2nd part of the 7th book aka 8th movie came out and as always- EPIC. EFFING EPIC. Watch watch watch.
  • Osama Bin Laden's Death- For everyone's whos celebrating, i dont really think there's that much to celebrate for. I mean, even though the man is dead- his ideas and legacy isn't. And my thought was confirmed when Al Queda sent out that "chilling threat" on their website. Something along the lines of "Americans blood will mingle with our tears.....his death will be a curse to you americans and your agents......" x lovely. now they're upset. Definitely not something worth celebrating over, no?
Ok i've delayed with other work and posting this long enough.

Sorry kids if ive become boring.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME