The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Embracing Nature- Part Un - RECAP

I thought l'll just do a quick summarized picture recap. I don't have all the photos because there was actually 3 other cameras. Surprisingly two of them belongs to boys which is weird because its always girls that likes doing all the picture grabbing.


On our way up to Ferris Park. The car was PACKED. We feared the car wouldn't move.

Dinner break in No-Asian Town.

We finally made it to Ferris Park. Set up our tents (thnx to Jenny being so intuitive) and played big2 into the night because the Park Warden told us to shut up while we were outside. But she came back to tell us to shut up anyways even after we were IN the tent.

We woke up and had no breakfast (we weren't the food group). Thnx god the 2nd batch came (with food) EARLY (thnxu thnxu A&N) but we had no utensils to cook with and cutlery to eat with (that was the 3rd batch). We had to resort to scrambled eggs, hotdogs and bacon cooked with stolen mcdonald salt and peper and a pair of kiddy scissors.

The 4km hike that we did to go look for a stupid suspension bridge. Here we are. That was the most exciting part.

Chicken Abalone flavored Instant noodles and Steak for breakfast one morning. It was fan-fucking-tastic. Along with eggs and hot dogs.

The Girls!

<3
I wished you were here K

The Beers (There was 2 more coolers of it)

The people.

 The Beach we drove 30 mins to because the first beach was just...a playground.

B passed out from exhaustion.

The group after an intense, strategic game of touch football.

Typical Dinner in the dark.
Leaving : (

Other highlights:

  • Plotting to smuggle J and A into the campsite like criminal master minds
  • Which eventually ledto hiding the 3rd car in the bushes and putting up a tarp to cover it from view
  • The brutal cold showers
  • My daily morning training to combat a bear aka. me practicing my kickbox moves 
  • My mommy would be so proud of me but i didn't get drunk or even BUZZED. I'm proud of me. I can't say much about the next trip though haha
  • The sound curfew that was effective as of 11pm
  • The first times of many: camping in general, touch football, only ONE mosquito bites, etc. 
Overall- great first time camping experience. The guys are pretty chills and nice. im glad they dont find me weird and awkward (i hope not anyways). I actually had reception all weekend but i chose to not check my facebook/tweet/txt (except loading of 3 images!) or anything like that because the purpose was getting away. I got away, hoping to be reflective but instead i now see certain people and certain things in a different light. Different things from different perspectives.... It absolutely frightens me but its also reassuring at the same time.

What to do tis the question.

I say Embracing Nature Part DEUX might answer my question?

haha

Oh and i lost my blackberry case. FML.

0 comments:

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME