The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Death

The other day, Big G calls me to tell me that one of our highschool friend's father passed away and asked if i would like to go to his funeral as a gesture of respect and support for our friend. It was something that i did not want to say no to and wanted to do. I don't talk to her at all ever since highschool ended but she is definitely one of those whom i see periodically (on campus or a club) and we both would swear that we need to catch up (and mean it...not out of courtesy. You know those type of people whom you see and you are obligated to talk to and they say "Keep in touch" only because its polite? Yeah i hate those type of people and that type of BS. If they were serious about "keeping in touch" then that moment would not have been the first time in X amount of years where you cross paths. A simple "take care" is better then being fake.) but because lifestyle and schedule conflicts, sadly it never happens and its a shame because i believe we enjoy each others company very much. I remember during the S thing, she was there for me at least once a week to accompany me to bbt. I felt like even though the drifting apart occurred, i can at least show some support.

This funeral was the first of many things for me. 1) It was conducted in Korean (which made things....very confusing) 2) It was personal in a sense where i did remember her father as a cheerful little korean man that always fed us very good sushi. 3) it was conducted in a Chapel-like area 4) it was a Christian-styled ceremony and 5) it killed me seeing a friend cry like that. J is always happy whenever i see her. Our relationship is basically us goofing around and laughing at each other. We both are just naturally bubbly people (except maybe me. im just bitter now lol) I've never seen her so devastated and so sad. I knew i was going to a cry a tiny bit but i did not expect myself to cry so much. Her cries echoed the room and it was really, REALLY sad and agonizing. Nobody should ever feel that kind of pain. It was completely heart-wrenching. If i was in her shoes right there then....i don't think i would have even been strong enough to stand. It got me thinking about how short life is and again how precious life is and the people and things that we have in our life. After going through so much myself the past 2 months, i still am unable to stress how people should not take life for-granted, and should not take the people in your life for-granted. Something twin pointed out too was tomorrow is Fathers Day.

Dot dot dot. 
(Those who didn't make the correlation.....her father just passed away....fathers day.....get it?)

Yeah. As if this was not devastating enough right..

We ended up at the burial too which was a bit random but thank god it was not as sad as during the viewing. My condolences to her family. I hope she holds up after this ordeal ends for her. May her father rest in peace.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME