The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

i wanna nappp

....so badly but i have soo much to do. Blogging is actually one of my to dos so i thought l'll get it out of the way before i fall asleep at the keyboard.

As i mentioned in my last entry, there's lots of ummm i suppose "exciting" stuff going on. Lots of changes and things I am doing to keep myself busy.

First off yesterday, bright and early K came to get me so we can go meet S for her Florist consultation and then wedding dress hunting.

I like this pic of us

It was my first time going to any type of wedding-related appointments so for me being the obsessively weird- was completely ecstatic. I had a really good time and look forward to the weekend when she makes her final decision on the dress and cupcake testing. In the...7 hours (was it?) it was crazy how much i learned about what was involved in planning a wedding. I mean I knew that the amount of work and time that needs to be put into a wedding is outrageous but there was so much more to it. Mainly it was more like "industry" fyi-s that i picked it which was pretty awesome for what I am currently doing and deciding whether to pursue.

During the florist consultation, I was sitting there listening to S discuss what she wanted with the florist and as I sat watching the florist go through the details and her list of questions, i found myself completely submerged into the subject of weddings and inspired by the passion the florist women has for doing what she loves. This was also the same feeling I had when I was explaining how the "Invitation Design" process works for another girl.

I have always loved the subject of Weddings. I try not to bring that up to too many people (especially the male ones) because it scares potential mates (from experience). I think people can tell that I have a passion for this subject. Whether its for my own (even though whether if i am goinna get married is questionable and fuzzy at the moment lol) or others- I love everything about it including the mechanics and logistics involved in putting it all together. That said with no job lined up, lots of free time, two Wedding Invite jobs and a Wedding PLANNING job that I believe I am going to commit myself to....I think I am going to try and explore the Wedding Planning/Event Planning and Wedding Invitation route. Esthetically I believe I have the eye for pretty things, I have the interpersonal skills to work with people (im too nice and a big sap. brides love that), and i think i'm pretty organized and methodical to execute things...seeing im pretty anal when it comes to details and scheduling.

SOOOOOOO if i became a wedding planner/wedding invite designer- would you people refer me? lol

I have a zillion things to do for this. Aside from quoting these brides to-be, i have to get a site up so i can grab two more potential brides-to-be's attention. Then l'll be set for the summer until the fall. I'm praying to god that my application for E.I. will be approved because first, I need money. From now on i must be extremely conservative with my spendings. [ Went shopping yesterday. Terrible of me. ] because im still paying bills. Second if i do get approved, I'm going to save up to enroll in a winter course for Event Planning/Wedding Planning of some sort. I mean if I am going to be serious about it, i should put a little investment into getting certified and doing it the professional way. Basically E.I will be used for the following:

  • More schooling (fak)
  • Bills (Cell, Dad, Insurance, Gym)
  • Savings
  • Laser Printer/21"+ Monitor/New Laptop/Business-Related Equipment
  • Whatever that is left is for the spending =[
On that note, i've also taken up a side creative project with Junior. (Yeah MORE things to do). Mostly I am doing this for him as a favor because he's like a little brother to me but also for the exposure and portfolio building experience that is involved. Won't get into details but those who knows should know that he's busy over his head and im proud that he's accomplished so much to date.

Anyways random thoughts:

  • I'm getting pudgy again.
    The cousin has been on intense, hardcore Beast Mode for the past 2 weeks and i think it is time for me to rejoin her. I've been out of it for about 3 months now and i don't think my metabolism is holding up anymore. She's such a great source of motivation and so extremely informative (lol). We also have the same mentality on why we want to change our "lifestyle" and that's always good to have someone that is on the same mind set as you. At the very least she would understand what i am going through. That said, this week begins Kickboxing- two times a week. And its going to be the actual Muay Thai, wrapping your fingers and knuckles stuff. I don't believe its going to be anything like Body Combat. I wonder if my nails will get ruined in the process....haha. Less eating of course, Moderate eating on junk (as always....i don't believe in cutting stuff out. that's just lying to yourself) and start on my cup of oatmeal breakfasts again.
    - I think my goal is to trim to waist area by August (for CAMP MODE!!) and to be...possibly 1.5-2 sizes smaller by November. I'll consider that a birthday gift for myself lol Though im skeptical on that b/c im currently munching on fried yam cakes my mom made.
  • Watched Splice last night
    That was the most fucked up movie i've EVER watched. Aside from the fact its my third weekend in a row that i've been supporting the Cinema Industry (argh)....i can't believe what happens in the movie. I don't even care if i spoil it for anyone but basically it involves a far too long scene of Hybrid Sex (erm like...Humans and Hybrid) and Hybrid RAPE (Hybrid on Human). Dot dot dot. Yeah. DISTURBED?!? I still am.
  • Vampire Diaries Update
    To those that care haha I am on episode 18. I am four away from finishing Season 1 and have I mentioned....that I am completely, irresistibly in love with Damon Salvatore? Yeah. I want to box him, take him home and do things to him. mmmmmmmmm haha.
  • Must make a trip downtown (sometime this week) to see J (for freebies) and J (for tablet).
  • On Repeat: Lihium-Evanescence && Hey Daddy-Usher,
  • World Cup, FIFA 2010
    I don't know if its the men, the sport (that i actually enjoyed playing when i was YOUNGER haaa), the excitement or all of the above- but i am freaking excited. Gotta make plans with Tall J to go watch it at a bar. We're really hoping for a ENG vs PORTUGAL game again. This time around she won't be half way around the world lol && we can excitedly watch it together over lots of alcohol. I'm also a huge England fan (like every other ASIAN). I remember that particular game 4 yrs ago (ENG vs PORTUGAL) i cried at the end of the game when they lost and couldn't make it to semi-finals. It's pretty sad but i am very loyal to them. haha



    I was/am absolutely in LOVE with Michael Owen (age 30 haha). I remember my obsession with the guy during FIFA 2006 and during one of the games (could have also been the Portugal/Eng game) 51 seconds into the game he gets taken out and i distinctively remember EVERYBODY on msn, messaging me telling me he's down. haha sighs. Its such a shame that him along with Beckham is not playing in the tournament this year. Here's a good article about their absence. Link

    Sighs England doesn't stand a chance.

    Ok one more time. I can't get enough of his face.



    GAH. <3!!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHEH
Damn i did well today (with the blogging).
Okkay. Time to do work and load CUBA PICS.!!!!!~

1 comments:

anh said...

OMG! Very excited about the wedding thing for you! I am proud of you doll for stepping out of the gcm-related field.

and ENGLAND? Really?! In THEORY/PAPER, they are an awesome team and so far, they've always been a letdown. I've always been a fan up until WC06. I'm going to route for Spain this year. I'm excited for the games too!! Love WC! Look up yoan gourcuff of France. He's efffing sexy!

Damon is soooo irresistible isn't he? Didn't your heart melt when he was soooooo devastated after findinf out Katherine was never in that tomb???? I just wanted to bundle him up and take him home with me.

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME