The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend

For someone who drank almost all day yesterday with combination of the worst drinks that always kills me....i have ZERO HANGOVER TODAY.

mwahhahaa.

I will be back later.

Made myself mugSS of (Christmas) Joy SB Tea with a dash of honey....even though its 37 degrees outside. Throat kills. I feel myself getting sick.

Otay I am back. And i am going to jump right into the topic of FUTBOL again.
Scroll down to skip this part.

For the Argentina vs. Germany and Paraguay vs. Spain game, i actually woke up uber early to go out to watch both games at the Real Sports Bar & Grill DT. It was completely worth it though because watching it at such an awesome, huge place thats surrounded by 200 HD LCD TVs with crazy surround sound is intense and way more exciting than at home for sure lol I spent a little way too much money but its okay because its futbol.

Wine and tea at together is just so classy.

So. What are everyone's thoughts on Argentina getting their ass raped by Germany? Holy shiet for me personally, it was like watching the ENGLAND vs Germany game all over again. PWNED. Australia vs. Germany? DOUBLE PWNED. It was so painful to watch. A part of me really wanted Germany to go down though (because i am still bitter about the England Slaughter) but i really couldn't help but jumped on the German bandwagon and cheered along when pretty much the entire bar was pro-Germans. I know, i am such a traitor lol But their jerseys are so niceeeeeeeeee.

AND AND. Since Argentina did not manage to even score ONE goal in.....it kindaaaaa makes England more superior because they at least got ONE goal in (wells. technically two but i dont want to get into that second goal made by lampard that was not called. i would only get upset). HEHE.

As for the Spain vs. Paraguay game. It was so intense, so nerve-wrecking, i needed rounds of shots to calm meself down. They NEEDED to win and thank god for Villa, Spain and i got our reassurance. I did not buy my effing jersey to be retired one day since it was bought!!!!!!!!!!! The penalty shots totally made my blood pressure soar and i screamed way too much when the game ended. Just an FYI to everyone- Spain has actually never made it past Quarter finals so winning this game was pretty much the team making history. I am blooooody proud of them!!! And as for Torres being sent off again a little bit after half-time- i don't care what anybody said. The guy is an effing fighter and i love that freckled face hunk regardless of what his performance is like.

Now for the Germany vs. Spain game on Wednesday? I want Spain to effing BRUTALIZE Germany to avenge for England. Giggles. In truth though, Spain is probably just going to get a good slaughter from Germany. For the very first time in the god-knows how many rounds they've played- i actually think Germany can take this home. They are consistent in their performance, high ambitions, highly energized, good strategies and have GREAT ball control. Damn those Germans but they can RUN like the wind too. Spain...ahhh...not so consistent with performance. Great set-ups but terrible ball control. And my baby Torres is not aggressive enough to take on that Schweinsteiger guy. hahah

My predictions are now: Germany as the big winner, Netherland coming second and Spain third (SIGHS). 

OK. FUTBOL DONE.

Pretty much all i did afterwards was head back uptown to continue to drink at C's Birthday BBQ. It was seriously like i mentioned earlier, drinking all day until 2am.

Good timesssss.

In a way, I'm also kind of waiting for World Cup to be over so i can normalize my routine again. I've gotten extremely side-tracked with EVERYTHING (working out, working on portfolio, side projects, driving lessons.....) all the important big girl stuff because i've put futbol first. Once its over, it would mean diving back into a more active schedule and less money spending because i've spent a disgusting amount over the past month.

That said though, anybody noticed summer zooming by? Just like that its July...then August...and then September? Times flying. Things aren't. That concerns me.

&& something i thought l'll share with all my she-readers.
Just now K showed me pics of her friends wedding (a girl whom i knew of back at Wex) and the first words that came to mind was- WOW. I did not know normal people in Toronto are capable of having such amazing fairytale, rich-looking weddings. Not to mention the bride herself is this extremely pretty girl with hair i would die for. It's honestly a Carrie Bradshaw meets Celine Dion kind of wedding. AND on top of which- the couple seems very in love. Everything about her is brutally beautiful and jealous-worthy. I need to show the cousin. lolol

A girl can only dream ~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please please show me! (the wedding pics! LOL)
I've been on wedding withdraw LOL

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME