The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

10 day -you- challenge ; Books

  1. Harry Potter
    (In the following order from most loved to least love: Book 3, Book 7, Book 6, Book 1, Book 2, Book 4, Book 5)

    Everyone knows what a hugeee Harry Potter fan. Just to make it clear though, I am a BOOK fan, not really a movie fan. I watch the movie for the pure sake that i am a book fan and i ought to contribute to the movies because it is based on the book - even if it sucks bulls balls. Anyhoo. Hands down, favorite book(s) no doubt in my mind is Harry Potter. It seriously changed my life (made me into the geek i am) and pretty much following it from the start has been phenomenon. I can tell you people now that its a whole lot more than just people in capes, pointing sticks at each other, mumbling some sort of pig latin while maneuvering themselves on a broomstick and banding together to kill a man that has severe facial disfiguration. Its a LOTTT more than just that. But this is not the place and entry to re-explain it as i have tried to many times. Ugh. Muggles.
  2. Twilight
    (In the following order from most loved to least love: Book 1, Book 4, Book 3, Book 2)

    Ok don't start judging just yet. First off, just like Harry Potter - i am a book fan, NOT a movie fan. The movies are rubbish and does not even capture the essence of the book. I don't support the movies, i support the books. I actually hate the movies but i watch it because R.Patz is eye candy delight. I think for me personally, what really sold me was the idea that an ordinary girl (plain jane i guess) is able to have her fairytale ending with a super hot, ideal guy. Who doesn't love a good fairytale story? Especially a romantic schmuck like me. Anyways, another book (series) that changed my life.
  3. Twisted, by Jeffery Deaver
    In terms of an actual novel (or collection of short, twisted, oh-my-gee-covers-mouth shocking stories) its gotta be this one. There is nothing else (aside from HP and Twilight) that comes before this book. Great read if you are into shocking, "twisted", thrillers.
  4. The Other Daughter, Lisa Gardner
    I believe this was my first "adult" (not SEXUAL adult, but from the non-teenage section at the library haha) mystery novel that i read. I really don't remember what its about but i do remember that the ending was shockingggg. My mind might change if i read it again but for sure, first novel for me. Gotta mean something.
I'd also like to add that i am not one of those girls that only read fantasy, magical, fun stuff. i do read a lot of different kind of books AND true crime (http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/index.html) but it just all happens that the ones that had an impact on my life happens to be the two series that has the most controversy. Just because i believe in magic and vampires are cool doesn't mean a total nutcase. You people can still take me seriously!

Heh.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME