The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Monday, March 28, 2011

10 day -you- challenge ; Films


  1. 500 Days of Summer
    I loved every single thing about this movie. I even brought it on DVD......and for all your information i don't believe in buying DVDs when i can download them so that is saying A LOT. My 2nd actual legit DVD haha. I think what i truly loved about this movie is the realistic vs. expectations element they always play on. The movie highlighted and touched upon a lot of real relationships problems where no other "mainstream" romance comedy would bring up. One being feelings can change at any moment. There's no promise, no guarantee because nothing is constant except change, feelings included. In short, no fairytale endings bitches! It's sweet, playful, romantic and uberly tragic. Which is pretty much everything i love about a movie. Also Joseph Gordon Levitt is like my dream guy.


    Turdy, hot and romantic. Yums.

  2. The Notebook
    From my last entry, i'm sure people have gotten the hint that i really dislike it when books are turned into a motion picture. Mainly because they always manage to fuk it up pretty badly. ESPECIALLY with Nicholas Sparks books. He has about i think 13 books or something. I've read about 6 of them which is a little less than half but nonetheless still a lot. That said i've also watched all the movies that are based on his books and they were alllll shit (especially A Walk to Remember. I am sorry to all those who are fans of the movie but the book made me bawl from like chapter 10 and on (there's like 20 chapters in the book) whereas i swear i just teared at the last ten.) That's until i watched the Notebook. My god is it accurate and for once, the movie was so much more sad than the book (which is VERY impressive for my standards). An absolute tear-jerker. I recommend it to all guys that want to impress a girl and still be able to enjoy it. I love the actor and actress, plot, the idea that even with time, distance and other people that enters your life, that one love you share with another person won't fade away. So optimistic and naive of me but if noah and allie can do it- EVERYONE has hopeeeeeee. Sorta. Unless you're me. Then you have no hope.
  3. Pearl Harbor/UP/Sex and the City (1)
    For my third favorite movie, its a tie between Pearl Harbor, Disney & Pixar's UP and the first Sex and the City movie.
    • Pearl Harbor because i have always been interested in the events that took place prior and after the bombing of the harbor. It was just beautiful how they were able to incorporate a storyline with the history (very well done actually, according to my limited yet i would say good understanding of the pearl harbor attack). Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett is just an extra bonus treat for me. I also gotta add that i was completely smitten by the idea of a romantic plane ride with my future hunk towards the sunset, and preferably a proposal occurring afterwards. Since the only pilot i do know is J and i am definitely not marrying J (bahahha) so that one is crossed off my list. haha
    • Every single person whom i've talked to and has watched the movie UP, absolutely adored it. GUYS included!!!!! I think it was just a cute movie that everyone enjoyed because everyone is a big kid at heart. I've also never cried so much for a cartoon, so it gets credit for that lol
    • Lastly, the first Sex and the City movie. I thought it was absolutely amazing (as oppose to the 2nd movie). I loved it so much i even went to see it two more times after watching the midnight release (and i had work the next day!). For me personally, the idea of Big and Carrie finally being together is like a dream come true for any girl who is unable to be with the person whom is not necessarily the best for you, but you need to be with them because they're like a drug. Don't get me wrong though- i'm a Big and Carrie shipper....as oppose to EVERYONE i know who is an Aiden and Carrier shipper. lol It can also be because i am a devotee to the Sex and the City cult, the movie had that much more of an effect on me.


r u guys as impressed as i am that i am actually caught up with this challenge? heh.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME