The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Go donate dammmnit.

I was going to go on mindlessly blogging about my life when A bbm-ed me to tell me that she heard that a Tsunami was suppose to hit Japan in (a then) 15 minutes. I really don't remember what my reaction was except that i felt horror for the people. Like, if you KNEW this was coming at you.....where can you run? Who are you going to warn? Does the people even know? Because i'm sure INTERNET/TV/PHONES are down. While the rest of the world knows EXACTLY WHEN and WHERE disaster is going to hit and the # of people in other parts of the world cannot do a single damn thing for these people. It's like knowingly having the knowledge of when one is going to die yet we can't do anything to help them. That's how i feel right now.

Um, i'm not one to be personally attached to these type of natural disasters (i.e. Hurricane Katrina, Haiti, China Earthquake a year ago). It's extremely unfortunate, its extremely devastating, tragic- the list goes on. I know, i get it. I may sound extremely insensitive but what good will it do if i cried with everyone else. It's not that i don't care but I believe in taking action and the best action is to donate money for relief and to help them prepare for the future (whether its to stay alive in current conditions or to rebuild the country). Because i am pretty atheist therefore i will probably get shot for saying this but - praying won't help those citizens have food in their stomach, shelter over their heads, a warm blanket on their shoulder. Sure you may pray for the natural disasters to stop "coming" but directly for the "people", its not gonna do crap. I'm not a hypocrite either, i DID donate money and i plan to donate more. To me it's just one less drinking night, one less dress, one less poutine. I will survive, i don't know about the Japanese at a time like this. If you really DO care, you would do something about it and not just say you do. But that's me just saying.

{ADD-ON after talking to someone that pissed me off:
As SOME of you may know. I don't really like the Japanese. Mainly because of what they did to China in World War II. I'm not exactly sure if anyone has really heard or know about this part of history, but this period of time where China went through the worst, unimaginable sufferings (BECAUSE of the Japanese) was called, The Nanking Massacre (Nanjing Massacre) or the Rape of Nanking. It's exactly what it sounds like, mass murder and war rape that occurred during what was a 6 week period. (From wikipedia- During this period, 200,000+ Chinese civilians and disarmed soldiers were murdered and 20,000–80,000 women were raped by soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army.) I absolutely REFUSE to go into history details because this is NOT the time to. I've watched documentary's (sickening) on this and read up on this and put it this way- i was pissed at Japanese people for weeks. Many, many fucking weeks. So if even i am willing to donate to help them, that's saying A LOT. So all you fucks can leave me alone about me being "insensitive" and not caring and how i shouldn't say that praying won't do anything. It's MY opinion and I don't see you effing donating now do i? SCREW YOU. UGH. Way to kill my mood.}

I leave you guys with some images which i found that completely killed me. Yeah, as if the videos and images of the rushing, gushing, dangerous dark waters coming at you and moving huge cargo ships across the highway is not enough for me. Again, i know, the insensitive-ness, i don't know why.

The magnitude of the damage is....horrific. A country, drowning. LITERALLY.
I got the images from here. Should go see more. 

Pictures of children hits me.....really hard. I love kids and seeing them scared and confused kills me.

Evacuation and keeping the kids warm.....poor lil things......

Credit: here

Suffering Family
Credit: here

To check for radiation.....
Credit: here

And what totally makes my heart cry?
Poor terrified Pananda grabbing onto a policemen's leg after the earthquake.

AND YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE PANDAS DAMMIT.


............so go donate. 

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME