The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 1

Enjoy entry # 1 of 30 Day Meme. Read the intro to this it: here
___________________________________________________________________

Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

I like how this "project" starts off with this topic. Really sets the mood doesn't it? lol Anyways to answer the obvious question/topic the single life is interesting. It has its ups and obviously its downs. It's much different this time around. The single life this time around has made me become more aware of many things. When I was single at 20/21, all i wanted to do was party (not saying that, that is not what i want to do) and did not care about responsibilities aside from needing to cover my own ass financially. Three years later the single life is so much more than that at 23.

I would say the biggest part of being single, is cherishing solitude, friendship and yourself. The single life this time around made me realize how important a social life (away from a boyfriend) is and how it is important to not neglect your friends. The one thing I learned is to not let the other person consume ur life. It was a mistake to treat a relationship like it was a commited marriage when it really should never have been like that.

Obviously the single life is fun, especially for someone like me and those that know me well enough would know that i am seriously not just bumming around hoping for things to happen. I am on the move and on the go (except on days when its rainy and my hair is a mess).

That said, the single life is not about moving onto/reattaching yourself with anyone. I know a friend who has pretty much never been single and it is the last thing i want right now. Sure, many things makes me sad and lonely. Specific holidays, events, places and things. Even sitting in my own room is devastating sometimes. But it's not a time of self-pity but of self-improvement, self-learning and finding yourself and what truly makes "you" happy. Know what your mistakes were and do not repeat them.

The truth is i slip. All the time. I'm blogging about how being single should be all about being content, independent and proud but i also cannot ignore the brutality and shitty sharp painful aspect that the single life also brings. I know that its okay to slip but i also know the important thing is to get back right up and bitch mode that face immediately before anybody else notices. 
"Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty, sexy, and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
I know that when i least expect it, it will come. Like how it did three years ago.

i know it will be fabulous and blissful...again.

And when it does, being single will pay off....as much as it sucks balls sometimes.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME