The most important thing I realized is that painful breakups, unrequited love, shitty jobs and the like help us to BUILD CHARACTER and that no matter how bad it feels, we are much better off because of it. Sometimes you have to stand alone to make sure you can. Forget what you want to remember what you deserve.You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll always end up where you were meant to be. You can either let these bad things, define you, destroy you or strengthen you. Fight through it like a warrior. Greater things are to come.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Topic Meme: Topic 18

Read the intro to this: here
___________________________________________________________________

Topic 18- Your Beliefs.

I believe in many, many things but i think l'll only rant about two.

First, I sincerely believe in Karma. I believe what comes around goes around (or is it what goes around comes around? ah who cares). I believe if you do goodness, goodness will return to you and viceversa, if you commit wrong-doings, it will return and bite you in the ass. Which is why i live by the phrase, 好心有好報. There are a lot of things i do for people and its evident that i am getting jipped or that i am being used but i do it anyways. A lot of people consider this as being dumb (i.e. my mother). She (and others) don't understand why i do a lot of things that does not benefit me or there are no immediate paybacks. I personally don't believe in "immediate" paybacks. I feel like by being generous and helping out purely for the act of being kind, Karma will be kind to you and it will come back to you in different shapes and forms. For me, i feel like even though i am being jipped now- i am ensuring that my future will be filled with kindness and that's when i will really need it.

That being said, through out life and recently in fact, i have question many, many times-  Do nice guys (and girls) really finish last? Why is it that i have been nice all my life, played by the rules, helped, returned, been nice to everybody but the most shit things happens to me? For example- ive returned about 3 or 4 TTC Bus Passes and not kept them for myself. I've return cell phones, portfolios, and personal belongings to people because i would think that if i was the person that lost those items, i would want someone kind to return it. I would go out of my way, bus all the way to Downsview to return a portfolio because an aspiring nurse worked at a hospital there and couldn't make it to where i found her belonging (Sheppard Station)- amongst other things. But i still get the shit end of the stick all the time. It absolutely makes no sense but i convince myself that at the end things will be okay and i shouldn't stop being who i really am and modify my behavior to become an aggresive bitch just to finish first.

Maybe its the simple-peasant way of thinking and because of this reason i will never make it big because im "too nice". Who knows.

I also did believe in happily-ever-afters (that's kind of shady right now) but i still believe in fate but the choice in choosing your own destiny (refer to blurb below).
Destiny may be seen either as a sequence of events that is inevitable and unchangeable, or that individuals choose their own destiny by choosing different paths throughout their life. In the sense of being unchangeable it is said that the different courses of action people take may still lead to a predetermined destiny.
I believe that every single person has a redeeming quality (even if i hate you), i believe nothing a Starbucks can't cure (including hangovers) and i sincerely believe that Fernando Torres is the most amazing man on the face of this earth.

Good day.

0 comments:

Archive

tweeet tweeet


    TWEET WITH ME